shortcut audio switch hdmi- spdiff

Home Forums Suggestions and Requests shortcut audio switch hdmi- spdiff

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Peter 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Peter
    Participant

Hello, im new in GeexBox userland.
    I’m just configurd my new XBMC cuboxi-system with Geexbox.
    Maybee it is allready someware imbedded but i can’t findit.

I would like very mutch one of these features:
    a fast switch button for switching between audio over hdmi (straid to TV) (2ac/stereo) and Spdiff dolby 5.1
    Or if this is possible: send the audio from files over both channels hdmi and spdiff at the same time.

So i can decide of i just use tv-audio(hdmi) or turn on the reciever(spdiff) for more volume and 5.1 experiance without diving in to the systemsettings to change the defaultsetting audio out.
    (and no i don’t have a reciever with hdmi passthrough.)

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

a fast switch button for switching

There is some discussion about this in the XBMC forum. For example, you can try the addon mentioned here. No idea if it works though…

send the audio from files over both

XBMC supports only one audio device at a time. It might be possible to configure a virtual ALSA device that outputs to two physical soundcards (i.e. HDMI and SPDIF), but besides the fact that I don’t really know how this is done it will most likely create problems with different device capabilities and synchronisation.

Peter
    Participant

thanks for the reply, i use yatse kodi app on androidmobile and in “special commands” is a tab with “audio output switching”.
    I was thinking that that button was use full for switching 5.1 spdiff and hdmi/stereo. but somehowe nothing changes audiowise when i hit the button.
    So somehowe there is allready a button created but not working propely.

im not sure witch build im running. that solution is for Gotham only.

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

Well, Google tells me that this button is working only on Frodo. Here is a forum thread about this. BTW, currently Geexbox uses Gotham on all officially supported platforms. Also, many TVs have an SPDIF (usually optical, but in some cases coax) output. So why not route the sound through the TV to the receiver if the latter cannot do it?

Peter
    Participant

ah, i found the build version: xbmc13.0-rc1 Git: unknown (compiled May 7 2014.) Linux 3.10.30#1
    13.0-rc1 google:shows Gotham 13.0-rc1
    so your right. 🙂

Is it useful to upgrate to the latest build? Because im reading things about failures with the cubox-i4pro.

GeeXboX » Topic: latest build doesn’t boot on cubox-i4Pro
    http://www.geexbox.org/…/latest-build-doesnt-boot-on-cub…Vertaal deze pagina
    3 aug. 2014 – 7 berichten – ‎4 auteurs
    is there a way to update to the latest build without flashing the sd-card … cuboxi’s forum to upgrade easily geexbox using opkg (devel version).

Peter
    Participant

edit:

Also, many TVs have an SPDIF (usually optical, but in some cases coax) output. So why not route the sound through the TV to the receiver if the latter cannot do it?

Well my tv is a bit “classic” 😉 So replacement is needed sometime.
    And i read about the fact that some of the tv’s don’t redirect the sound data correctly. anyway its no biggy, im just use the systemsetting audio for now. 🙂

Bytheway: witch version is the latest (stable) build now?

i found http://www.solid-run.com/community/topic641-440.html
    dated september 2014.

Peter
    Participant

Update: “special commands” is a tab with “audio output switching”.
    Its working when the library modes is on.
    And indeed it is switching between audio HDMI en Spdiff
    (Andriod xbmc kodi had a update so i think they fixed it. 🙂 )
    XBMC/KODI is THE King of media players!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.