How to run Android app on Linux-based OS?

Home Forums Miscellaneous How to run Android app on Linux-based OS?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Warped Rudi 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

housegeeko
    Participant

Hi,
    I would just like to ask if there is a POS (Point of Sale) system that runs on GeeXboX yet?
    Our company recently developed a POS software, but it is only applicable on an Android platform for now.
    If you are an app developer, I would like to recommend our POS software that can be found on our site.
    Since it is a known fact that POS software are more stable on a Linux platform, we decided to make a different version of it.
    And if it will run on GeeXboX, that would be great.
    The POS software was made to help tracks the daily store transactions of restaurant owners but it can also be used by many business establishments that need to give great services for their customers.

Thank you so much!

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

Well, GeeXBoX is probably not the disto you want to use to run a POS on. It’s a media center. However, GeeXBoX is also just an example that shows the capabilities of our build environment named OpenBricks. Correctly configured, OpenBricks can be used to create a customized Linux for any platform you can imagine (and for which proper source code exists). Instead of booting into a media center application, you can of course make it run linux-based POS software. Be aware, that this requires quite some knowledge, but it’s perfectly doable.

housegeeko
    Participant

Hi Rudi!

Thanks for the reply!
    I am going to consult our manager about this and probably recommend OpenBricks for our Android app.
    We really are interested to make new developments for our app, especially our manager. 🙂
    Thank you Rudi.

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

Just to make sure: This is not about running Android itself or Andorid apps. As I understood you, you are planning to switch from Android to plain Linux. And that was my statement about.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.