NZB downloader

Home Forums GeeXboX on ARM SoCs NZB downloader

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jschaeke 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

jschaeke
    Participant

Hi,

Would it be possible to make a opkg installer for a usenet (nzb) downloader? E.g. nzbget, hellanzb or sabnzb? Most of these packages are also dependent on par2 and unrar-nonfree which I could extract from the armel debian packages… but the applications itself I never succeeded due to missing libraries.

Thanks, the CUBOX is really running great here, would be totally cool if it also could deal with the nzb downloads.

tomlohave
    Keymaster

It should be possible;, let’s start with the first one : nzbget

jschaeke
    Participant

That would be great, as I see you tend to react very fast helping people here I want to say for this one, take your time I’m not in a hurry 😉

tomlohave
    Keymaster

no time to look at this … will try nex week

jschaeke
    Participant

Take your time 😉

What I am wondering, wouldn’t it be possible to have some compatible packaging systems within the Geexbox OS (e.g. Debian Armel or Optware?)

jschaeke
    Participant

As you just released a nightly hardfp version and told the packages are incompatible, I’d prefer a hardfp version as this seems more future-proof. Thanks!

tomlohave
    Keymaster

sure, no pavkage yet, quite busy to port xbmc frodo on panda & cubox ….

tomlohave
    Keymaster

ok , i take the time : i v’e added the package http://hg.openbricks.org/openbricks/rev/1f791fdc2ce8

the bot should build it tomorrow (http://download.geexbox.org/snapshots/)

jschaeke
    Participant

Thanks, I see the package, will let you know if it doesn’t work 😉 I’ve just done a little donation as gratitude.

jschaeke
    Participant

Unfortunately I get an error although I installed the libpar package too; I tried linking it but the attempt was unsuccessful:

# ln -s /usr/lib/libpar2.so /usr/lib/libpar2.so.0
    # nzbget
    nzbget: error while loading shared libraries: libpar2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

tomlohave
    Keymaster

ok, will look, but the donation was not an obligation  😉

Thanks anyway

edit : package corrected, missing library in libpar2, sorry

let me know if you need some service to start nzbget at boot time

jschaeke
    Participant

Thanks, it seems to work now, but unless I get unrar-nonfree working, it is still not really useable to me as posts are always in rar format. I tried the unrar binary of debian (I have a dual boot with hardfp Debian) and tried the arm packages of http://www.rarlab.com/rar_add.htm but I get always a ‘not found’ error when launching the unrar command from the terminal. Any idea what could be done to get that working?

Adding a service is no problem, I learned that while I was trying to get my wlan stick working (I posted a howto in the solidrun forum back in those days) 😉

tomlohave
    Keymaster

ok, we should have unrar somewhere

let me build it 😉

tomlohave
    Keymaster

jschaeke
    Participant

Thanks, it works now! I am impressed of the speed of unrarring, on my old mediaplayer (with realtek chip) it took ages. This little black box is now perfect to me. Thanks for all your work and support and I will keep on following your developments closely in the future!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.