[ solved ]info on Sickbeard in Geexbox needed

Home Forums GeeXboX on ARM SoCs [ solved ]info on Sickbeard in Geexbox needed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Peter
    Participant

im trying to find info about adding Sickbeard/couchpotato into geexbox or if its already embedded how to get it installed and to work.
    ive have searching in this forum and i found only one thread wich wasn’t helpfull πŸ™‚
    Can someone help me out or point me in the right direction?
    much appriciated.

tomlohave
    Keymaster
    Peter
    Participant

Its indeed needed for cuboxi
    couchpotato is only for movies for so far im understand, im searching for the one thats used for series.
    and thats i believe sickbeard.
    specialy serie’s is it usefull to automaticly search and download every time a new episode is posted.

Peter
    Participant

I dont want to fenderbender but “(small)bump” πŸ™‚

There are some other distro’s who have Sickbeard running or are just in deverlopertime and its nearly running.(according to forums around cuboxi platforms.)
    But they have there own problems and my Geexbox version is running stable and smouth in all parts that im using so im not that exited to jump over the fence for one small gap in my wishlist. πŸ™‚

Geexbox an sickbeard isnt popping up in de google list so do i move this topic in to the “Suggestions and Requests” ? πŸ˜‰

tomlohave
    Keymaster

we have this package : https://github.com/OpenBricks/openbricks/tree/master/packages/python/python-sickrage

I think this is the one you need, and it’s already part of geexbox
    http://download.geexbox.org/snapshots/geexbox-xbmc-imx6-cuboxi/latest/binaries.cuboxi/packages/python-sickrage_0.1%2bgit-02bf35790df-1_armv7.opk
    Just install it then configure it using a remote browser.

Peter
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply.

Im not that experianced so before i start some questions to prevent troubles in my Geexbox configuration:
    I started GeeXboX Updater (wich seams to work fine now a days πŸ™‚ ) and found Package “Python- Sickrage” in GeeXboX respository
    Can i just use that one (looks easy-> one click action) or is it better to use opkg package instal with Putty?

thanks for the help.

tomlohave
    Keymaster

ypu can try with the updater plugin, not sure it works fine
    Anyway, the method with putty will work

Peter
    Participant

well ive installed it and found it on the web browser but i think ive did some thing stupid.
    The update link in the browser: after ive clicked on it its not accesable anymore :S
    (the moment ive clicked it i was aware the it was a mistake but too late to be correct it.)

loading error of the page.
    How can i fix this?

(ive removed with geexbox updater the sickrage package and reinstalled it again after reboot.
    No result
    After removal of the package the link in the browser is remaining visible.)

Peter
    Participant

Well, i can remove and reΓ―nstall but it is stil claiming
    No connection to server on ip.xxx.xxx.xxx:8081
    the other links are working, torrent control center and xbmc web interface

any one knows how to fix this?
    Where can i remove de remaining data from sickrage after removing package?
    Its seems that there is left some data somewhere because of de initial installation (before i accadently did the web update) did give a set up page and control page.

DjElementDC
    Participant

Hi all –

Bumping up this old thread. I’ve been able to install nzbget & sickrage (sickbeard) properly and can access them on their respective ports on my cubox via web interface – they’re awesome.

The Problem: I’ve installed couchpotato (referenced earlier in this thread) successfully. However, it seems that the service is not initializing or loading properly as the web interface does not work.

I’ve installed it, forced reinstalled it, restarted, etc. Seems like it exits right after it loads. I can see the option when going to http://[my-server-ip]/ – clicking on it gives me http://[my-server-ip]:5050 which I assume is default port for couchpotato install.

I’m not sure what the command level commands are for couchpotato… its a python script, right? Is there a config file somewhere? Help πŸ™‚ This is the last step to completely automating our cubox.

See my log below (and be easy on me.. i’m a linux / arch noob):

root@geexbox:~# systemctl status couchpotato
    couchpotato.service - CouchPotato application instance
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/couchpotato.service; enabled)
       Active: inactive (dead) since Sat 2015-05-02 12:10:24 BST; 1 day 4h ago
      Process: 28950 ExecStart=/bin/python /srv/couchpotato/CouchPotato.py --daemon (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

root@geexbox:~# systemctl restart couchpotato
       Active: inactive (dead) since Sun 2015-05-03 17:09:06 BST; 2s ago
      Process: 21103 ExecStart=/bin/python /srv/couchpotato/CouchPotato.py --daemon (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

oot@geexbox:~# opkg --force-reinstall install couchpotato
    Downloading http://download.geexbox.org/snapshots/geexbox-xbmc-imx6-cuboxi/latest/binaries.cuboxi/packages//couchpotato_2.6.0-2_armv7.opk.
    Reinstalling couchpotato (2.6.0-2) on root.
    Configuring couchpotato.
    Post install:
      Installing new config for Web server ...
    Done.
       Active: inactive (dead) since Sun 2015-05-03 17:09:06 BST; 3min 34s ago
      Process: 21103 ExecStart=/bin/python /srv/couchpotato/CouchPotato.py --daemon (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Warning: Unit file changed on disk, 'systemctl daemon-reload' recommended.
    root@geexbox:~# systemctl daemon-reload
       Active: inactive (dead) since Sun 2015-05-03 17:09:06 BST; 3min 45s ago

DjElementDC
    Participant

Please ignore. After flashing my SD card with a fresh new copy of geexbox, i’ve reinstalled everything and it miraculously worked. Not sure if it was due to an updated library or what.. Here’s log for any future issues people may have.

root@geexbox:/opt# opkg install couchpotato
    Installing couchpotato (2.6.0-2) on root.
    Downloading http://download.geexbox.org/snapshots/geexbox-xbmc-imx6-cuboxi/latest/binaries.cuboxi/packages//couchpotato_2.6.0-2_armv7.opk.
    Configuring couchpotato.
    Post install:
    Done.
    root@geexbox:/opt# systemctl status couchpotato
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/couchpotato.service; disabled)
       Active: inactive (dead)

root@geexbox:/opt# systemctl enable couchpotato
    ln -s '/usr/lib/systemd/system/couchpotato.service' '/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/couchpotato.service'
    root@geexbox:/opt# systemctl status couchpotato
       Active: inactive (dead)

root@geexbox:/opt# systemctl start couchpotato

I then loaded up http://my-geexbox-ip:5050/ and it worked!! πŸ™‚

Peter
    Participant

@DjElementDC: did you found the userdata file where the SickRage settings are stored?
    mine install isn’t working because of the update action in the program.
    The link in the Geexbox homepage is not redirected to de Sickrage page.
    Reinstall or delete reboot and re-install give’s no solution, so ive need to delete the data in the user files releated to Sickrage.

tomlohave
    Keymaster

Hello,
    I have just tested it (on utilite)
    it works great.
    What I did :
    install a frech snapshot (mine is kodi version but that’s not a problem)
    then :

root@geexbox:~# opkg install couchpotato
    Installing couchpotato (2.6.0-2) on root.
    Downloading http://download.geexbox.org/snapshots/geexbox-xbmc-imx6-utilite/latest/binaries.utilite/packages//couchpotato_2.6.0-2_armv7.opk.
    Configuring couchpotato.
    Post install:
    Done.
    root@geexbox:~# systemctl restart couchpotato
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/couchpotato.service; disabled)
       Active: active (running) since Wed 2015-05-06 06:38:52 BST; 6s ago
      Process: 814 ExecStart=/bin/python /srv/couchpotato/CouchPotato.py --daemon (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
       CGroup: /system.slice/couchpotato.service
               └─824 /bin/python /srv/couchpotato/CouchPotato.py --daemon

then go to http://ip-of-your-device/

if something is bad with your configuration , you can always restart from scatch about config, deleting /root/.couchpotato directory (or renaming it to test)

DjElementDC
    Participant

@Peter- I also had those issues. I literally manually downloaded the files from github and I renamed /srv/couchpotato to /srv/couchpotato-backup and then put the zip file in the /srv/ directory and unzipped from SSH and renamed the new folder /srv/couchpotato/

That worked – it was updated and now auto-updated! I think the installation from opkg allowed it to be a service and get all nice and configured and then I manually updated the core of the program by extracting a fresh zip at /srv/couchpotato

I thought I’d break my system but it worked!

@tomlohave– Is there any chance you can update those packages? This would avoid the need to ‘hack’ the update of these packages. The ones I personally have found awesome but have had to hack the updates for are:
    1. NZBGET
    2. SickRage
    3. CouchPotato

Have seen many threads on the Cubox forum about them – people switching to other distros due to lack of ability to update them.

Thanks!

tomlohave
    Keymaster

Please , have a look here : https://github.com/OpenBricks/openbricks/commits/master
    and let us know if it’s what you want.
    You can download them here : (should work for cuboxi)
    http://download.openbricks.org/utilite/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.