Error with DVDVideoCodecGStreamer for IGEPv2

Home Forums GeeXboX on ARM SoCs Error with DVDVideoCodecGStreamer for IGEPv2

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tomlohave 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

IMG
    Participant

Can’t find gst/gst.h when building xbmc for IGEPv2 via OpenBricks

IMG
    Participant

Oops… I thought ‘topic description’ was a short summary, not the main body of the post.

Anyway, I am trying to build GeeXboX for the IGEPv2 OMAP3 board, following this Wiki: http://labs.igep.es/index.php/How_to_get_the_Geexbox_distribution

My problem is that when it comes to building xbmc, I get the following error:

In file included from DVDFactoryCodec.cpp:36:0:
    Video/DVDVideoCodecGStreamer.h:25:21: fatal error: gst/gst.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    make[2]: *** [DVDFactoryCodec.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/Downloads/openbricks/build/build.igepv2.eglibc/xbmc-pvr-20120324-git2ae0639/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs'
    make[1]: *** [xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/DVDCodecs.a] Error 2

In which it seems the #include in DVDVideoCodecGStreamer.h is causing the problem. gst.h is around, as the gstreamer libs and such build okay, but apparently it’s not looking in the right place.

How can I fix it? I also tried disabling all the DVD options from menuconfig, since I don’t need DVD playback, but it still wants to build this portion.

Incidentally, I think it’s this patch that introduced the DVD/GStreamer stuff which causes this:
    http://git.openbricks.org/?p=openbricks.git;a=blob;f=packages/xbmc/patches/400-gst-omap4-egl.diff

tomlohave
    Keymaster

remove this patch if you think it’s the problem like this :
    in file packages/xbmc/unpack
    remove
    [ “$TARGET_ARCH” = i386 -o “$TARGET_ARCH” = x86_64 ] && \ <----- this line patch -d $BUILD/$1-pvr* -p1 -R < $ROOT/$PACKAGES/$1/patches/400-gst-omap4-egl.diff and disable gstreamer in packages/xbmc/build

IMG
    Participant

Managed to fix it with a few softlinks so it find gst.h (and then other files) in the build filesystem. Now just have to figure out how to get it to boot.

tomlohave
    Keymaster

./scripts/omapsd ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.