Amlogic (arm) support

Home Forums Suggestions and Requests Amlogic (arm) support

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  szemo77 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

vodka

(looks like the forum ate my prior post, I think from trying to include links)

Would it be possible to support Amlogic’s 8726 chipset, it has an Arm Coretx A9 1Ghz CPU with a Mali 400 GPU in addition to hardware acceleration for MPEG-2, VC-1 and H.264 video at 1080p.

There is a wiki which covers running linux on Amlogic chipsets with docs and drivers.

Now the problem I would imagine is getting GeeXboX loaded but Davilla once hinted at he had linux running from SDCard on a Geniatech ATV1000 which is an Amlogic player. I have my hands on the ATV2000 and it is a nice little box but man this would be a great XBMC box if it were at all possible with it’s specs, USB ports, SDCard, HDMI, component, internal WiFi, fanless, 447MB RAM, 3.6GB flash storage.

You can get the Geniatech boxes Asia Pads and Mertline.

szemo77

This is a very good idea. I have the ATV300 and ATV1000 with access to pcba serial, so i can share with dumps from serial connection and booting logs. If you relese bootable image for Uboot bootloader I can try to run it on that boxes.
    So I can help with porting.

davide
    Keymaster

Had a quick look at the wiki. Adding basic console support is probably doable, getting the Mali and the video acceleration stuff to work is another matter. Do you know if the Linux drivers/userspace for these components are available? I’d expect binary blobs, which are usually painful to work with. If the only thing available are android binaries, it’s going to be really hard to make it work.

szemo77
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.