Forum Replies Created
That’s odd. There’s no “audio” directory in my back up .
I hadn’t made any material changes to my installation that I can think of.
I’ve tried going through explores. Perhaps I just didn’t recognize the right file though. Do you know where the audio settings would be stored?
That I don’t know. Here’s how mine shows up:
I: Bus=0003 Vendor=0471 Product=0815 Version=0000
N: Name=”Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver (0471:0815)”
H: Handlers=kbd event4
B: KEY=fff 0 0 200 108fc32e 2376051 0 0 0 7 158000 4192 4001 8e9680 0 0 10000000
MCE remote is working like a charm for me with r13686.
I just sent the result.txt file via gmail. Looking at the file I see what you mean that I ran the test on the wrong input.
I tried editing 98-eventlircd.rules as described, but I’m still not getting any responses on evtest. Actually once it hits the “Testing … (interrupt to exit)” the arrow keys will navigate the cursor, pause deletes, and enter enters a new line. My particular remote is being recognized as follows:
Input driver version is 1.0.1
Input device ID: bus 0x3 vendor 0x45e product 0x9d version 0x111
Input device name: “Microsft Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop® 2.10”
I’ll have to try this when I get home tonight. Just two questions. For the remote question, I assume there is some sort of command line interface where I would check the commands you asked about. I’m not familiar with how to access it though. Second, is there a way to upgrade versions without having to start from scratch each time?
I was getting the r13600 blank screen as well, but the r13631 seems to have solved it. The remote support seems to have gone a bit wonky though. Fast forward, rewind and back all bring up the shutdown menu. It’s an old MCE remote with the original usb receiver. I’ve tried it with the actual remote and with a Logitech harmony programmed to act like one. I suppose I could tell the Harmony it was some other model if there is one that is known to work.
Thanks for the pointer to explore2fs, it came in handy. It turns out that the metadata (thumbnails, cover art, etc.) for 650Gb of movies and TV shows takes up quite a bit of space. I ended up creating a new image on a larger drive, moved the casper partition file over and then used the guide below to resize it to give myself a full 4Gb. From there everthing seems to be working fine. I thought there was a setting in XBMC to store the metadata on the network drive where the file media file is stored. I’ll have to do some digging on that one. At any rate I’m back up and running. Now I just cant wait for the remote fix with the next release.
I’ll have to set up live CD or something. I don’t use linux primarily
I can compress and post the remaining contents of the USB drive if it would help to diagnose. Aside from my network share name I couldn’t image there is anything personal that it has cached.
I’m having issues myself. I’ve only managed to find a few commands that work.