Suggestion: shutdown after playback

Home Forums Suggestions and Requests Suggestion: shutdown after playback

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  E-Golf 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

E-Golf
    Participant

Hi,

some years ago, ive used an old player for W98, this player had a usefull feature: shutdown/hibernate after Playback.

I think this could be usefull in Geexbox too,  just a suggestion..

cuprum

tomlohave
    Keymaster

there is already a timer for this , no ?

E-Golf
    Participant

yes, you’re right, there is a shutdown timer, which i can say “shutdown in xx minutes”, but what i suggest is: The user says to the system: please shut down after actual playback has finished.

Background:

i use an old machine in my bedroom with geexbox to watch a episode of the simpsons, sometimes i fall asleep while geexbox is still playing and on the next morning the machine runs still.

Option 1 is, as you told, to set the shutdown timer: look at the duration of the video and set the timer

Option 2 could be to shut down the system after playback of this video automatically, in my opinion, this could be usefull, may be i am the only one who think this…

tomlohave
    Keymaster

Option 1 is, as you told, to set the shutdown timer: look at the duration of the video and set the timer

no need : just do in settings / system  /power saving /shutdown function timer to 5min

5 min after the end of the video the pc shutdown

E-Golf
    Participant

Allright, i’ll do so, thank you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.