nfsd on geexbox?

Home Forums GeeXboX on ARM SoCs nfsd on geexbox?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  grisu68 5 hours, 11 minutes ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

grisu68
    Participant

Hello,

I had to attach my disks (BTRFS RAID1) directly to the cubox-i4.
    I would like to ask if there is also an NFS Server available too? Unfortunately I have not found the usual files needed on the system or package.

Thanks in advance for an answer.

Best regards, grisu

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

As far as i can see, we don’t have an ‘nfsd’ package and NFS server support is disabled in iMX6 kernel config. I’m not so familiar with this stuff. Maybe @tomlohave knows more…

tomlohave
    Keymaster

Hi all,
    We only support the client side. No server. And it’s the first request for this.

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

The latest Geexbox build for Cubox-i does contain the nfsd kernel module. But I have no idea what it takes to enable full nfsd support.

grisu68
    Participant

Thank you very much for your efforts!
    I will give it a try.

Best regards, grisu

grisu68
    Participant

I have done the update.

It seems that a package “nfs-kernel-server” would be needed to interact with the nfsd kernel module.
    This package includes some required programs like exportfs, rpc.mountd and rpc.nfsd, config files and the start/stop scripts for systemd. The package itself is usual small but has some dependencies.

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

AFAICS, the needed userland daemons (rpc.statd, rpc.nfsd, rpc.mountd and exportfs) are in the ‘nfs-utils’ package. But I don’t know if the rather old version of this package that we currently provide (1.3.0) will work.

grisu68
    Participant

Hmm, i tried this package already. In the current nfs-utils_1.3.0-2_armv7.opk is only the following: mount.nfs, mount.nfs4, umount.nfs, umount.nfs4 and osd_login.

On my ubuntu PC the nfs-kernel-server is still 1.2.8, the client is on 1.3.0-2. So far no issues with that versions.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.