library problems and update doesn't work

Home Forums GeeXboX on ARM SoCs library problems and update doesn't work

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Peter 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Peter
    Participant

i discovered that i can’t change library things like delete a movie or serie from the library list. (this week)
    i can’t flag “watched” or delete a entri. tried to opkg update and got a failed to download:

root@GeexboX /root$ opkg update
    Collected errors:
    * opkg_download_backend: Failed to download http://download.geexbox.org/snapshots/geexbox-kodi-imx6-cuboxi/latest/binaries.cuboxi/packages/Packages:
    Failed writing received data to disk/application.
    Downloading http://download.geexbox.org/snapshots/geexbox-kodi-imx6-cuboxi/latest/binaries.cuboxi/packages/Packages.
    root@GeexboX /root$

Seems write protected or not?
    i read something about a fals bit which could be tested with fsck?
    edit: 8gb sd and i start with a backup of this library to se what happens if i replace it with a old one (if this can (don’t know if it overwrites or write and delete.( last one would be failing due sd full.)

https://www.geexbox.org/forum/topic/cubox-i4-everything-seems-to-be-write-protected/
    i am running on 17.6 may 5 2018
    SQL: insertion failed because database is full
    copy failed write to file
    failed to unpack archive.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  Peter.

Peter
    Participant

edit:
    i think its 8gb limitation (really just full and no space to write new entries) and a long library and many add and deletes. (It seems that the loggingdata of the entries not been deleted if i delete a entrie by using remove from library in kodi, (for instance a movie)

So i took a older image full installed, place that in and opkg update that first before reinstalllocations and import library again.
    (less actions on that library so less data to store.)
    If its working then i put a clean install 16GB in the cubox and rebuild it from scratch (clean and no hickups i hope like buffering and spontanious reboots)
    32Gb was a bit over the top i think. (And risk of read/write problem, something about max size storage in FAT.)
    keep you posted

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

i think its 8gb limitation (really just full and no space to write new entries) and a long library and many add and deletes.

Usually it’s not the library but the media files that fill up the disk. It also may be that update packages remain on the system after they got installed.

32Gb was a bit over the top i think. (And risk of read/write problem, something about max size storage in FAT.)

??? FAT is only used for the boot partition, which – independent from the SD card size – is 64MB. I have Geexbox on a RaspberryPi here that uses a 128GB card and I see no good reason why that should not work on Cubox-i as well.

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

It also may be that update packages remain on the system after they got installed.

opkg clean will remove those files.

Peter
    Participant

opkg clean will remove those files.

Thanks i will place this info in “my how to folder”

I tested some things:
    i needed to lowformat the SD with SD CardFormatter of the original failed image because of write problems by not enough space. (i couldend write a older backup on that SD of 8Gb)
    after it formatted back to one partition it worked.
    I upgraded with opkg and lett all add-ons update and did a full library scan which resulted in a less then 200Mb free space on the SD (somewhere in systems i could see this.
    It was struggling and stopped repeatable a 720p mp4 for buffering. so i run a database cleaner which solved that problem.
    So al this together points out to a full SD, so i will instal a clean image (latest) on a 16Gb (just got in the mailbox) to see if all will be fine.

One thing i am still a bit confused about:
    using the addon “Backup” does give problems if you upgrade and not re-new this backup in with the upgraded kodi version. It got corrupted by old scripting(?) of the add-on info backup and library over a newer version.
    I understand this now but forgetting a backup after upgrade is a common mistake.
    So how do i make a failsafe flowchard for upgrading kodi and using a backup other then reading a image with Win32diskimager?
    Or is reading a clone of the SD (before upgrading and if succeeded als o after upgrading) the only way to insure a good backup?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.