Latest panda snapshot

Home Forums GeeXboX on ARM SoCs Latest panda snapshot

This topic contains 27 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  cloudrck 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

srivats

Hi Tomlohave,
    I have a panda board and have had flawess performance with GeexBox 3.0 for about 6 months. I saw the 3.1 annoucement and am eager to upgrade. First, I want to appreciate the goodt stuff that you are providing and the effort put in by your team. There is a sizeable panda community, personally I prefer the panda board to raspberry pi for its features and wi-fi link. It would be great if you can help all of us by providing a upgrade to 3.1.

tomlohave
    Keymaster

http://download.geexbox.org/snapshots/geexbox-xbmc-omap4-pandaboard/

that’s the latest one (means it’s like 3.1 release)
    and there won’t be snapshots anymore (but you can always build it)

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

I’ll try to ensure that it stays buildable in the next future. But not much more than this…

srivats

Thanks Rudi and Tomlohave. I am planning to download from the link above and try it today.
    Will get back to you if I have any issues.

srivats

Hi,
    I was successful in getting this version up on my panda. I noticed two issues though,

1) When I use the gst player there is a lag in video. The DVD player works fine though.
    2) Sometimes when I click a video file to be played, the machine hangs. I then reboot and then it work fine. But if I use the DVD player to select the file then it works fine.

Any ideas on what I can tweak or any relevant threads to look into?

Thanks
    Srivats

tian

Hi Rudi,
    Would you help me with a script for creating sdcard for pandaboard?

Thanks

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

Maybe what you want already exists… Take a look at http://download.geexbox.org/unsupported/ There you’ll find a fairly recent build for Panda including our “standard” sd card creation script.

sirtet

Hi.
    I just tried the r16677 snapshot form the link above on my Pandaboard ES Rev. B1.
    But there seems to be something broken:
    It boots up, and i can install plugins, but all video plugins, like youtube, don’t work. I get to thumbnails but no video would open.
    Also, the weather plugin always just says “Fetching forecast info”…
    Picture Plugins like Garfield do work.

I have a log here,
    http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=129153
    the video-error is on line 1343.

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

The “Fetching forecast info” usually happens when some other background task is hung. I guess it will go away, when you reboot. As for the other problem: I have not tried Youtube, but playing files from an uPnP server (which is probably very similar) never worked here. And as stated before: PandaBoard is unmaintained. We had a reason to remove it from the list of officially supported platforms…

sirtet

Ok, thanks…
    The weather was my bad. In settings, a location was set but not enabled.
    Found out, video playback does work (from usb stick, zdf- ard-plugin), but only if i select “play with” DVD-Player. Default GSTPlayer did not work.
    ( Same problem with GST was had here: http://www.geexbox.org/forum/topic/geexbox-on-pandaboard-es-random-questions/ )
    Adding a DVD drive brings up a main menu entry “Play Disc”, but i can only eject, no reaction when trying to playback.

Support: I guessed from what i read the dropped support was only lack of interest. But yes, as long as there are no problems, that’s not a reason to drop support 😉 thanks anyway.

Is there somewhere documented what did/did not work on panda?
    And maybe, which build was working best?

@srivats: can you maybe upload your nicely working 3.0 image somewhere, or provide more info on what build it is and/or, where you got it?

PS: Can’t see how to PM other users, as mentioned in a comment here
    http://www.geexbox.org/geexbox-for-embedded-devices-creating-a-bootable-sd-card/
    it should be possible…
    @rudi, maybe you want to remove that comment anyway?

cloudrck
    Participant

Did you ever find the older 3.0 version? I’m going to try to work on the 3.1 version as I still use my PandaBoard regularly as a media player. There doesn’t seem to be any other options available.

sirtet

No, i did not…
    I would be grateful to get a working media center on my panda, it’s a shame it is just sitting around on the shelf.
    I mainly want to use it for streaming youtube and other online libraries from tv-stations, etc.

cloudrck
    Participant
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.