internal updater don't work how to update?

Home Forums Miscellaneous internal updater don't work how to update?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Peter 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Peter
    Participant

ive having an build someware around May 2014 and de Geexbox updater gifs a script error.
    (i read about it that it was “broken”)
    Using xbmc backup add on is not working by flashing a newer/later build for restoring userdata according to xbmc/kodi forum.

Is there a simple work arround?
    Or am i better off by: take notes from old buildsettings and routing to data, flash september build, and redo al earlyer work on the old version?

Peter
    Participant

well someone has fixt it himself. ive pasted his file into mine xbmc.

tomlohave
    Keymaster

and can you post it somewhere ?

Peter
    Participant

yes, credits to: Gotiniens
    He is the one who fixed it:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/content_link/a5M91tBk5V5MOBknWGEQHKnHgbdYgq9qfqbQmHDYR24oQTUiTou1U6jcaeN3ybdr?dl=1

If link not working:
    on this thread: http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1575124/13

tomlohave
    Keymaster

thanks you !
    I’m looking at it
    note : I ve updated your link

Peter
    Participant

And? was the updater repaired correctly? (It seems to work fine on mine Cuboxi) and i notist the new img/tar on the 14 oct. 🙂
    The only thing after updating seems the weather-underground add-on no more update/download the weather forcast.
    After a wile the system announced that the add-on has an eror en its aksed or it has to be shut down.
    So i did.
    Anyone els the same problem?

tomlohave
    Keymaster

Not tested wheather underground addon, but updater addon works now. I hust puhed the commit . Thanks for your help

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

The updater has nothing to do with WeatherUnderground (and any other add-on that is installed using XBMCs ‘Get More…’ function). In this case the site decided no longer to accept access from the XBMC plugin without signing up for the service individually. See here.

Peter
    Participant

@ Warped Rudi: in an other thread im was also trying to find the answere and you confirmed it.
    (i will link your link also there. ok?)
    Al my problems seems not build version related . (except the updater and that is fixed. 🙂 )

Do you know an other Weather add-on wich is the same quality as Weather underground?
    Yahoo is but. and china and Australië arn’t close by.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.