[ solved ]info on Sickbeard in Geexbox needed

Home Forums GeeXboX on ARM SoCs [ solved ]info on Sickbeard in Geexbox needed

This topic contains 25 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  DjElementDC 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

DjElementDC
    Participant

@tomlohave – amazing!! It’s christmas 😉 Thanks so much for these much needed updates.

Sorry for the basic question – but is this now part of the standard updating process? Is it just the following?

opkg update
    opkg upgrade

Is that it? Will I have issues if I’ve already manually over-written the files inside /srv/sickrage and /opt/couchpotato. I can always force reinstall or something.

Thanks!

DjElementDC
    Participant

To be absolutely clear – yes those are the packages and most up to date versions many people want 🙂

tomlohave
    Keymaster

ok for versions,
    for the update process, you have to wait for the bot to build them (or test them using the link provided 2 posts ago)

DjElementDC
    Participant

Hey @tomlohave

I used opkg to install NZBGet 15.0 from the link you provided. It installed and loaded fine (some config file errors but after saving settings via web GUI, it loaded without fail).

One problem – the custom nzbget.service (systemd) I had created no longer functioned properly. My gut is it has to do with the version change so I removed v15.0 and went back to the v12 from the default opkg list and the service is running again fine.

(See here – this was my solution that allowed the Daemon server to run without having an active SSH terminal open
    http://forum.solid-run.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1443#p18499 )

Thoughts?

tomlohave
    Keymaster

I can add the needed service file to our package.
    Let me do this in a minute 😉

tomlohave
    Keymaster

can you test this package, but first move your service file to another directory.
    http://download.openbricks.org/utilite/nzbget_15.0-2_armv7.opk

DjElementDC
    Participant

Hi @tomlohave – unfortunately the new service doesn’t seem to work and I’m stuck without a server. I tried reverting to my backup version, now that doesn’t work either. The new version (15.0) works fine when I do a nzbget -D command line start but the minute I close that remote ssh session, the server shuts down (the need for the custom service in the first place).

It seems the service you bundled with the package is this one, right? http://lostsalad.co.za/2012/12/13/raspberry-pi-usenet-downloads-with-nzbget.

Either way, the bundled one didn’t work as expected – instead I changed it to the following using default.target instead – the way my original one that I backed up did – which now doesn’t work either. So now I’m stuck without an operating server unless I’m connected via ssh 🙁

Did your service work?

The only difference in my version that used to work is using default.target.

Here is a log:

root@geexbox:/# systemctl enable nzbget
    ln -s '/usr/lib/systemd/system/nzbget.service' '/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/nzbget.service'
    root@geexbox:/# systemctl start nzbget
    root@geexbox:/# systemctl status nzbget
    nzbget.service
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nzbget.service; enabled)
       Active: inactive (dead) since Sun 2015-07-19 16:58:41 UTC; 4s ago
      Process: 15696 ExecStop=/usr/bin/nzbget -Q (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
      Process: 15689 ExecStart=/usr/bin/nzbget -D (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
     Main PID: 15689 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Jul 19 16:58:41 geexbox nzbget[15689]: nzbget.conf(1483): Option "ReloadUrlQueue" is obsolete, ignored
    Jul 19 16:58:41 geexbox nzbget[15689]: nzbget.conf(1484): Option "ReloadPostQueue" is obsolete, ignored
    Jul 19 16:58:41 geexbox nzbget[15689]: nzbget.conf(1487): Option "CreateLog" is obsolete, ignored, use "WriteLog" instead
    Jul 19 16:58:41 geexbox nzbget[15689]: nzbget.conf(1488): Option "ResetLog" is obsolete, ignored, use "WriteLog" instead
    Jul 19 16:58:41 geexbox nzbget[15696]: nzbget.conf(1483): Option "ReloadUrlQueue" is obsolete, ignored
    Jul 19 16:58:41 geexbox nzbget[15696]: nzbget.conf(1484): Option "ReloadPostQueue" is obsolete, ignored
    Jul 19 16:58:41 geexbox nzbget[15696]: nzbget.conf(1487): Option "CreateLog" is obsolete, ignored, use "WriteLog" instead
    Jul 19 16:58:41 geexbox nzbget[15696]: nzbget.conf(1488): Option "ResetLog" is obsolete, ignored, use "WriteLog" instead
    Jul 19 16:58:41 geexbox nzbget[15696]: Request sent
    Jul 19 16:58:41 geexbox nzbget[15696]: server returned: Stopping server

Here are both services (i got same status as above with both multi.user and default.target):

Installed with opkg (i assume the raspberry pi version you got from that link?)

[Service]
    # Even if you set up the Daemon User in nzbget.conf, you will still
    # need to set that name here. Otherwise, nzbget will be run as root
    # User=nzbget
    ExecStart=/usr/bin/nzbget -D
    ExecStop=/usr/bin/nzbget -Q
    ExecReload=/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID
    KillMode=process

[Install]
    WantedBy=multi-user.target

My version that used to work on v.12 (backed up)

[Unit]
    Description=NZBGet

[Service]
    KillMode=process

[Install]
    WantedBy=default.target

DjElementDC
    Participant

I’m not sure if this helps any – but those warning messages went away after I loaded the webserver and hit save to the configuration file in the new version (probably overwrote all the instances of deprecated settings).

No warning messages, but still same result – server doesn’t start with service.

root@geexbox:/# systemctl enable nzbget
    ln -s '/usr/lib/systemd/system/nzbget.service' '/etc/systemd/system/default.target.wants/nzbget.service'
    root@geexbox:/# systemctl start nzbget
    root@geexbox:/# systemctl status nzbget
    nzbget.service - NZBGet
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nzbget.service; enabled)
       Active: inactive (dead) since Sun 2015-07-19 17:06:22 UTC; 6s ago
      Process: 16004 ExecStart=/usr/bin/nzbget -D (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
     Main PID: 16004 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

Hmm, somehow I would think the [Service] section is missing:

Type=forking
    PIDFile=<absolute_name_of_the_file_this_daemon_is_writing_its_pid_into>

PIDFile would be the one that is specified as “LockFile” in nzbget.conf.

DjElementDC
    Participant

Not sure I understand – sorry, too new at this :/

Are you suggesting I add that to the service file?

DjElementDC
    Participant

Alright!!!. @rudi – you’re awesome. Thanks to you and @tomlohave for all the support.

I added those two lines as follows – this is the full service file. It works now. Maybe its possible to fix the package so others won’t have to fix manually?

[Unit]
    Description=NZBGet

[Service]
    KillMode=process
    Type=forking
    PIDFile= /root/nzbget/nzbget.lock

[Install]
    WantedBy=default.target
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.