inadyn-mt on GeexBox

Home Forums GeeXboX on ARM SoCs inadyn-mt on GeexBox

This topic contains 41 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Warped Rudi 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author

tomlohave
    Keymaster

Hello !
    hum not sure what you are doing ..
    ./scripts/package package_name is used to package an already existing package and off course there is no package called inadyn-mt

lets’ begin here :

thomas@servA:~/project/openbricks$ find packages/ -name inadyn
    packages/misc/inadyn
    thomas@servA:~/project/openbricks$ ls packages/misc/inadyn -l
    total 24
    -rwxrwxr-x 1 thomas thomas  157 nov.   5  2014 build
    drwxrwxr-x 2 thomas thomas 4096 nov.   5  2014 config
    -rwxrwxr-x 1 thomas thomas  164 nov.   5  2014 install
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 thomas thomas  512 mai   25 13:16 meta
    drwxrwxr-x 2 thomas thomas 4096 nov.   5  2014 patches
    drwxrwxr-x 2 thomas thomas 4096 nov.   5  2014 unit
    thomas@servA:~/project/openbricks$

here you see
    * meta file (describing what is the package for, where to download it, dependencies, etc)
    * build file (how to build the package)
    looking at the archive inadyn-mt, there is already a configure script inside it, so no need to do something special right now
    * install file : what to install, binaries, lib, etc
    * patches directory : if needed
    * unit directory : to start a systemd’s service

so basically, create a new package with :
    ./scripts/newpackage inadyn-mt net
    so all needed files should be created under packages/net/inadyn-mt directory

then compare between inadyn and inadyn-mt what to do next : modify build script if needed, install script if needed
    (no need of installdev pscript I think, as it’s not a package we will use to build something else)

you can have documentation regarding openbricks’ structure here : http://www.openbricks.org/docs/openbricks-manual.pdf
    (basis are here, little outdated because many enhancements since the last time it was generated)

Good luck
    😉

Godrigos
    Participant

Thank you very much for the directions. As soon as I can, I will get into it. It is actually stimulant, and to be honest, I’m enjoying it! 😛

Godrigos
    Participant

Hi there, just to let you guys updated. Sorry for the long time to return with something. A few days ago a power outage followed by a surge fried my HDD. So getting a new one, installing everything and rebuiding openbriks took a while.
    BUT, yesterday, after several compile errors, I finally was able to create an inadyn-mt package. This weekend I will test it on my Cubox-i. I’m suspicious that I’ve forgotten to point the .service file to the right .conf, but the test will tell.

tomlohave
    Keymaster

Hey, no problem.
    Did you already push this somewhere, maybe then we can have a look

Cheers !

Godrigos
    Participant

Oh well, it’s available here.
    I would really apreciate your evaluation of it.

Godrigos
    Participant

It actually doesn’t require to be compiled. It has a linux executable ready, the same way regular inadyn has. But to create the package I needed a successful compilation, a good learning process thou.

tomlohave
    Keymaster

😉

Well, burning a new sdcard, I will test it simultaneously

tomlohave
    Keymaster

well, it doesn’t work, you have downloaded the wrong binaries

/home/thomas/test/inadyn-mt_02.28.06-1_armv7/usr/bin/inadyn-mt 
    /home/thomas/test/inadyn-mt_02.28.06-1_armv7/usr/bin/inadyn-mt: ELF 32-bit LSB  executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.24, BuildID[sha1]=17269b85993dddb0899566911d349e7585243355, stripped

and the correct link is here (for sources)
    http://freefr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/inadyn-mt/inadyn-mt/inadyn-mt.v.02.28.06/inadyn-mt.v.02.28.06.tar.gz

and inside this archive there is a configure script …

Godrigos
    Participant

Ok, thanks for the feedback.
    I’ll look into it as soon as I can and then test.

Cheers.

Godrigos
    Participant

Ok. Just copying the already compiled Linux version wasn’t enougth. Some sort of incompatibility with Ash Shell. So compiling it for openbricks seems to have solved it. Here is a new revision. Seems to work, but may still need some tuning (point it to config file at /etc). I will do real configuration and testing in the weekend.

Cheers.

tomlohave
    Keymaster

Hi @godrigos
    Indedd, it starts well (manually and with systemd)
    Good work
    😉

Godrigos
    Participant

Thank you very much.
    I’ll keep you up to date after testing its behavion in the weekend.

Cheers.

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

Just a minor thing: It appears that your package – just like our old one as well – does contain unneeded debug info. You might add a “strip_bins” as it can be seen in this commit.

Godrigos
    Participant

Thank for the tip. Indeed a much smaller package now.

Godrigos
    Participant

Hi there, me again 😋.
    A small doubt. Inadyn-mt is working fine, after some testing here. But, I’ve noticed that its not starting automatically on reboot (although it has a service file). How could I implement it, cron entry maybe?

Thanks once more.
    Cheers.

Rodrigo.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.