inadyn-mt on GeexBox

Home Forums GeeXboX on ARM SoCs inadyn-mt on GeexBox

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Godrigos
    Participant

Hi, I want to to build inadyn-mt to geexbox from this source. I would like to ask if I have to pay any special attention during the process, like where to “build” and “make” it so it is available in my path on busybox (like if it was installed using opkg), etc…
    I need this “version” of inadyn, because the one available in the repo list seems not being capable of IPv6 update.
    Actually, it would be even cooler (:P) if you guys could point me in a way I could create a .opk file for inadyn-mt.

Ps.: I’m used to this process using Ubuntu Linux, but never did so in an embedded system (or ash instead of bash).

Thanks for the attention.

tomlohave
    Keymaster

hey, having someone to help us to package something is a good news 😉

to be clear, you just need a linux station, (or a one in a virtualbox)
    then clone using git openbricks’ repo ( https://github.com/OpenBricks/openbricks/ )

build first a complete archive for your system, then looking how others packages are made, you can create yours.
    but as inadyn is already packaged, just bumping version , and force to support ipv6 could be sufficient.

I guess you could start with a mail, it’s more easy to discuss such thing.

But if you are already ready, then Welcome 😉

Godrigos
    Participant

It seems that inadyn and inadyn-mt are quite different projects, not sure if a version bump is possible.
    I will follow these first instructions of yours and see what I am cabaple of… :P. Not much I suppose, but I would like to try anyway, before starting annoying you.
    After some headbanging I will ask for your assistance by mail, if you allow me.

Regards.

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

Building Geexbox from scratch can be challenging for both human and machine. But it’s fun. At least for me 😉 Just a few hints: We usually build on Ubuntu LTS (14.04 or 12.04) hosts. So that is tested best. You should have a fast machine with at least 45GB of free disk space (for ARM tragets, Intel needs more), 2GB of RAM (more is better) and a good internet connection (about 6GB of source code will be downloaded during the build process). Depending on your machine, a full build with all sources already cached locally will take 3 to 10 hours. That’s why we usually try to avoid this 😉 . An initial build which includes downloading stuff from the net will be slower.
    So if you are not scared by that: Welcome!
    If the build process stops with some obscure error message let us know. We will try to help.

Godrigos
    Participant

Dear Lord, that’s really fun.
    Building it right now. Not sure if I have set the right conguration after make menuconfig for my Cubox-i4Pro.
    Let it roll and see if it finishes whitout any obscure errors. 😛
    Latter if all goes ok, I may look at the package building thing.

Cheers!

tomlohave
    Keymaster

Hey, Should I suggest you to stop ?
    Unless you really know what you are doing, starting from menuconfig is quite hasardous …
    do :
    ./scripts/loadcfg list
    you get a list of pre-defined config, choose the one you want, (geexbox-kodi-imx6-cuboxi ? ) then do :
    ./scripts/loadcfg geexbox-kodi-imx6-cuboxi

then do make xconfig
    search for ipv6 and select the option ipv6 for linux
    then save, quit and now do make

Godrigos
    Participant

Sure, stopped it. Will follow your instructions.
    Thanks.

Godrigos
    Participant

The error I got seems to be only an unreachable package:

--2016-05-26 17:16:22--  http://sources.openbricks.org/devel/drivers-vtuner-1.4+hg3ab5e05d0518.tar.bz2
    Resolvendo sources.openbricks.org (sources.openbricks.org)... 67.203.12.194
    Conectando-se a sources.openbricks.org (sources.openbricks.org)|67.203.12.194|:80... conectado.
    A requisição HTTP foi enviada, aguardando resposta... 404 Not Found
    2016-05-26 17:16:23 ERRO 404: Not Found.

Can't get drivers-vtuner sources, falling back to repository
    scripts/get: 147: scripts/get: hg: not found
    Makefile:51: recipe for target 'rootfs' failed
    make: *** [rootfs] Error 127

At least for now… 😛

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

Do: sudo apt-get install mercurial and run make again.

Note: Usually we try to keep a tarball of the source code on http://sources.openbricks.org/devel/ . In the situation that a package URL references a repository (git, svn, hg), our ‘get’ script will first try to locate that tarball. If that is not found (like in your example), it will show the message ‘Can’t get XXXX sources, falling back to repository’ and then try to check out the source code from the real repository. However, in order to do this, the client software for this type of repository must be installed on your build machine. Currently I don’t know if we still have ‘svn’ packages, but it won’t hurt to install svn (subversion) as well.

Godrigos
    Participant

I’ve subversion installed and even after installing mercurial the error is still there. I’ve posted just the last massagem here, but it seems to look for the package several times only at http://sources.openbricks.org/devel/drivers-vtuner-1.4+hg3ab5e05d0518.tar.bz2, with no luck.

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

Arrg, you get a different error now: “abort: HTTP Error 404: Not Found”. I.O.W. the URL of the repository has changed since last time someone tried. Anyway, I’ve uploaded the file to our mirror and you should now be able to continue…

Godrigos
    Participant

It seems we will have some of those… 😛

Resolvendo ftp.openbsd.org (ftp.openbsd.org)... 129.128.5.191
    Conectando-se a ftp.openbsd.org (ftp.openbsd.org)|129.128.5.191|:21... falhou: Conexão recusada.

Can't get openssh-client sources, trying on OpenBricks server...
    --2016-05-27 11:17:44--  http://sources.openbricks.org/devel/openssh-6.6p1.tar.gz
    Conectando-se a sources.openbricks.org (sources.openbricks.org)|67.203.12.194|:80... conectado.
    2016-05-27 11:17:44 ERRO 404: Not Found.

--2016-05-27 11:17:44--  http://sources.openbricks.org/devel/openssh-6.6p1.tar.gz
    2016-05-27 11:17:45 ERRO 404: Not Found.

Can't get openssh-client sources : ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/OpenSSH/portable/openssh-6.6p1.tar.gz
     Try later !!
    Makefile:51: recipe for target 'rootfs' failed
    make: *** [rootfs] Error 1
    tomlohave
    Keymaster

uploaded,
    please retry

😉

Godrigos
    Participant

Just letting you guys know.
    Build completed successfully.
    Latter I will study the package creation process.

Godrigos
    Participant

Hi there, it’s me again. Just to know if I’m the right path…
    I’ve been reading and playing with ./scripts/package and as expected, just “applying” it on the package source code give an error (inadyn-mt.v.02.28.06 is not a runtime package, skipping…). Should I use ./scripts/newpackage structure to start adapting the source code to openbricks? Or do I need to read some more? If it’s the case could you guys point me in the right direction (“bibliography”)?

Thank you very much for the attention and patience.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.