XBMC is dropping frames on Geexbox 2.0

Home Forums GeeXboX on ARM SoCs XBMC is dropping frames on Geexbox 2.0

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tomlohave 6 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

samet

Hi, I am running Geexbox 2.0 on OMAP 4 Pandaboard. When resolution is 1920×1080, XBMC drops some frames (fps is about 20-22.5) and try to synchronize with audio, this makes video faster for a very short time in every second. When resolution is 720×480, there is no problem. FPS is 25. Do you have any offer to fix this?

raducu

I have the low frame rate problem too, especially on HD movies. I did not try with lower resolution yet but I will check and see. From what I understand so for XBMC does SW video playback on pandaboard. If the engine could use the IVA accelerator embedded in the OMAP4 processor I think it should render almost any video flawlessly.
    Maybe some of the developers can tell us more about the video acceleration? Anything would be appreciated!

davide
    Keymaster

We do have the necessary plumbing to enable IVA, but it’s not currently used by XBMC.

Karan
    Participant

Hey,
    Is there a way to change the resolution other than the settings tab on the Home screen. The resolution by default on my monitor seems to be HD and I cannot change the resolution/appearance from to windowed mode. Thanks in Advance.
    Regards,
    Karan.

tomlohave
    Keymaster
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.