xbmc- frodo test

October 21st, 2012

Home Forums GeeXboX for PC xbmc- frodo test

This topic contains 54 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  cris 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author

tomlohave

yes, but I think Rudi didn’t upload the tarball to our server …. so it ‘s why it’ falling back to repository

UmanMan

Hello!

Any news on the official FRODO GeeXbox release for PC?

Should I wait more?

Take care,

UmanMan

RainyShadow

I tried http://download.geexbox.org/snapshots/geexbox-xbmc-i386-generic/20130414/binaries.i386/geexbox-devel-20130415-r16053-i386.iso , but it is unusable (on my system at least).

Once Xorg has started the mouse pointer is stuck in the top-left corner, only a blue wallpaper is shown with a gray stripe on the bottom, and everything is flickering very badly.

The console works, but i wasn’t able to fix the GUI part from there.

I also tried to upgrade the official v3.0 release with the packages from the above snapshot, but after a restart the GUI was broken again – only a black screen with a small outlined cursor.

tomlohave

I will test this on my laptop to see  if I can reproduce it. So far it works on virtual-box. So it’s not completely broken …

RainyShadow

It works in Virtualbox under XP, although somewhat slow on my system.

I’ve done some more testing and the issue seems to be with the nouveau drivers. After removing the xf86-video-nouveau package, GeeXbox started successfully, but it is too slow to be useable – the system info panel reports about 0.10-0.20 FPS.

I also tried the legacy driver package you posted in the old nvidia thread, but it doesn’t work.

Is there an easy way to specify at startup what Xorg drivers should be used without uninstalling/blacklisting the default ones?

tomlohave

I’ve tested it very quickly using an nvidia card (nv96) on my laptop (with new xorg 1.14.1 version and mesa 9.1.1), it works out of the box using nouveau …

Testing now nvidia proprietary drivers

tomlohave

xf86-video-nvidia_313 works out of the box too (diff without nouveau : only 10% of cpu usage under xbmc)

edit : the legacy one works too.

c00ler

Hi there,

I’ve installed this devel version of geexbox and it’s a thousands way better than the 3.0, in my virtualbox machine I used to have 2 to 3 fps, with this one I have 25 fps, I’ve installed the MetroTV Skin and it’s just perfect, everything is ok but I’ve 2 problems :

1- The ftp server doesn’t work as good as in 3.0, my server is continiouslly disconnecting, so I can’t upload files, is there any change to do ? I use FileZilla the same one with 3.0 wich works perfectly.

2- I’ve no webinterface, whrn I put the GB adress in my browser nothing happens ?

thanks in advance and good luck because I’m sure GB 4.0 will be a great one !!!!

tomlohave

For virtualbox, we have addedd xf86-video-virtualbox,, ant yes, it helps a little ;-)

1- for ftp; i didn’t notice such problem. Will retest.
    2- you are talking about xbmc’s web interface ? port is now 8080

c00ler

I restarted my virtualmachine and eveything is all right now :)

c00ler

Hi again,

I’ve tried the xbmc-addon-updater in programs menu and it returns a “Script Error”, I went to VT2 and typed opkg update and it points to this link :

http://download.geexbox.org/binaries/i386/latest/packages/

is it correct ? because there’s no .opk files for rtorrent and rutorrent, how can I install them ?

I’m using frodo version.

tomlohave

No it’s a devel version, so edit /etc/opkg/opkg.conf then modify link to point to : http://download.geexbox.org/snapshots/geexbox-xbmc-i386-generic/latest/binaries.i386/packages/

and yes the updater is broken …

c00ler

Hi,

I’ve changed the source to the new one, installed r/rutorrent everything worked perfectly, one last thing remaining, when I try : opkg update/upgrade it says that there’s no xbmc package ?

Is it ok ?

tomlohave

hum, it depends on the installed version. if you have taken the latest one, there is no update

PerunZG

Hello all. First of all, congratulations on the excellent product.

I tried GeeXboX 3.0 with Acer Aspire One D250-1Bw (Intel Atom N280 1.66GHz, RAM 1GB DDR2, HDD 160GB 5400 RPM, Intel GMA950, 10″ WSVGA [1024×600]), and the GUI works flawlessly and fluidly. GUI sound effects also work.

Video playback is sloppy (720p), but I guess that’s because of the lousy hardware, primarily weak gfx section. During video playback, there is no sound for some reason. I tried it with two MKVs (H264+AC3/H264+DTS). Not a biggie to me, though, since this particular Aspire One model has only the prehistoric VGA connector, so I cannot use it as a media player anyway.

What bothers me much more is that I tried to use Sans Digital MobileSTOR MS4UM+B (4-bay JBOD enclosure) connected to USB port and there was a problem. All drives were recognized, but for some strange reason 2nd drive was constantly dis/reconnecting. It was the biggest of them all, 3TB WD Caviar Green. I didn’t try connecting via eSATA because I didn’t have port multiplier installed.

I know the enclosure is working properly because I use it with Mede8er MED500X2 without problems.

So my question is: is there a problem with the 3TB+ drives, or something has to be set first in order to use them properly?

Regards,
    PZG

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.