[ solved ] Telnet connection closed by foreign host

February 17th, 2013

Home Forums GeeXboX on ARM SoCs [ solved ] Telnet connection closed by foreign host

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Umberto 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Umberto

Hi,

I got GeexBox running on a Raspberry Pi but for some reason I cannot connect to GeexBox/Pi using telnet. Connection is established but then immediately closed. The response is as follows:

telnet 192.168.1.46 9023
    Trying 192.168.1.46…
    Connected to geexbox.home.
    Escape character is ‘^]’.
    Connection closed by foreign host.

I used the geexbox-devel-20130201-r15822.raspberrypi.tar.bz2 build to install GeexBox on a SD card.

I have no way to debug this problem since I’am not able to get the vt2 terminal as well (using CTR+ALT+F2). Most likely ’caused by the Apple keyboard I’m using where the F2 is a sort of ‘sub’ key (which required the ‘Fn’ key). Using the CTR+ALT+FN+F2 doesn’t help either.

Please help!

Kind regards,

Umberto

tomlohave

from telnet.socket

EnvironmentFile=/etc/network
    ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/test ${TELNET_SERVER} = true

Please, check your /etc/network file

Umberto

Thanks for your quick response. Telnet is enabled in my /etc/network file:

TELNET_SERVER=”true”

The things I changed in this file is the SSID(=my wifi network), SECURITY(=PSK), PASSPHRASE(=my wifi password), NETWORK(=WLAN), IFACE(=wlan0).

Also, GeexBox/Pi has internet connection (via a WiFi dongle) since I can use the weather feature.

One thing I noticed is that my DNS is set to 127.0.0.1. Don’t know if this relates to the problem.

Regards,

Huub

clooky

I had exactly the same problem. I think this was a bug which seems having been fixed in the last snapshot. I tried it today and I can now connect through telnet. By the way I don’t know why you tried port 9023, it is working using the default port.

Just try the last release and tell us if this is ok for you too.

tomlohave

that was solved by Rudi (problem in kernle config)

Umberto

Thanx for the info. I’ll try it out and let you know…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.