rootfs for 1st gen Cubox

Home Forums GeeXboX on ARM SoCs rootfs for 1st gen Cubox

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Warped Rudi 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Tobi
    Participant

Hello,

I was wondering if the Cubox rootfs from the official downloads is compatible with the 1st gen Cubox (Armada Cubox, not Cubox-i)?

I’ve found an image from Dezember 2016 in the Solidrun forums.
    If there are no official images for the old Cuboxes, this probably is the most recent one available, right?

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Tobi.

skelos
    Participant

Hello I have old cubox with armada mee to.

Latest geexbox image for armada cubox is:
    http//download.geexbox.org/snapshots/geexbox-kodi-armada5xx-cubox/latest/binaries.cubox/

Compiled in 28-Apr-2017 at 09:46

I have pleasure to share my problems with armada cubox with other users in order to find solutions.

I hope to replied fine to your question…

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  skelos.

tomlohave
    Keymaster

Indeed, all snapshots can be found here : http://download.geexbox.org/snapshots/
    unless you have not supported or no more supported hardware, it’s the only location to look at

Cheers !

Tobi
    Participant

Thanks both of you!

I’ve just created a fresh sd card with the latest development snapshot. It works like a charm. But I had to change the UI resolution to 720p in order to have a lag free UI.

It’s greate to see my old Cubox in action again 🙂

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

You might want to disable the RSS ticker. It’s also possible that “advancedsettings.xml” can be tuned a bit more. There are some known issues:

• sometimes after bootup you get a diagonally sheered picture, only solvable by reboot
    • A/V sync doesn’t work for some videos
    • CEC sometimes stops working with the message “CEC connection to TV lost”

It is possible that some of these things will get fixed in the future, but no guarantees. Also not sure if there will be a “Krypton” or “Leia” version, but we’ll keep the other packages as current as possible.

togath
    Participant
    • sometimes after bootup you get a diagonally sheered picture, only solvable by reboot
      I always thought it’s some kind of gfx driver issue.
    • A/V sync doesn’t work for some videos
      Yepp, happens
    • CEC sometimes stops working with the message “CEC connection to TV lost”
      TV doesn’t find CEC and keeps telling “Function not available”

These days I do use the Armada-box mostly for upnp flac-rendering.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  togath.

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

I always thought it’s some kind of gfx driver issue.

Most likely. However, it’s not clear if the cause of this is in the blobs or in the open source parts.

TV doesn’t find CEC and keeps telling “Function not available”

Strange. My TV doesn’t need to find anything. When the box boots up (i.e when Kodi starts), it switches to the corresponding HDMI input and CEC simply works. Except for these occasional disconnects :/

tomlohave
    Keymaster

Strange. My TV doesn’t need to find anything. When the box boots up (i.e when Kodi starts), it switches to the corresponding HDMI input and CEC simply works. Except for these occasional disconnects :/

Same here, The problem appears with some samsung tv (no problem with my philips’ one)

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

Is that specific to 1st gen CuBox?

tomlohave
    Keymaster

I think so.

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

Can you re-check if this really happens only on the 1st gen CuBox and not on the CuBox-i?

tomlohave
    Keymaster

Sure, once I can find a samsung tv or maybe I can test on my philips tv too. First I need the device, maybe next week.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  tomlohave.

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

I’ve split the topic as we are addressing a different problem now.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.