[ solved ] Missing library + pcmcia ethernet not seen

April 1st, 2013

Home Forums GeeXboX for PC [ solved ] Missing library + pcmcia ethernet not seen

This topic contains 43 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tomlohave 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author

corotte

Hi,

i’ve install GeexBox on my hard drive on a old dell latitude d630 with additionnal 3COM pcmcia ethernet card.

pcmcia card is not recognize and when i try lspcmcia, it gie me an error saying libsysfs.so.2 is not found and when i do a ldd lspcmcia, it show that libsysfs libraries is missing

i try to find the package on opkg but it is not there

i try with a debian package but it won’t take it because of architecture issue

do you have an idea or a available package ?

Thanks

dave1981

I’m using GeexBox 3.0 and have the same issue (also tried with 2.0 but it’s the same). The wireless PCMCIA card seems to be not detected. I couldn’t install sysfsutils with opkg. Any suggestions, or is PCMCIA wifi generally not supported?

Cheers,

David

tomlohave

corrected, will submit patch to devel list,

can you download this file (i386) : http://download.openbricks.org/test/sysfsutils_2.1.0-1_i686.opk

and install it .

dave1981

Thanks for the quick reply! I’ve downloaded sysfsutils from your link and installed it. I can now run lspcmcia and other utils without the libsysfs.so.2 file reported missing. However my PCMCIA card is still not seen, I’ve used it with Ubuntu 10.04 previously with no problems. How can I access the card from the command line?

dave1981

Edit:

dmesg | grep pcmcia

does not give any output

tomlohave

module pcmcia loaded ?

Don’t know if we built it by default …

dave1981

You are spot on: lsmod does not show a pcmcia module. I have never had to load this manually, tried modprobe pcmcia but this gives “modprobe: module pcmcia not found in modules.dep”. Any suggestions?

tomlohave

yes, add pcmcia to kernel module , so I need to rebuilt it

dave1981

So I can’t do anything to fix it this end? (or maybe I didn’t understand your reply correctly). Thanks again!

tomlohave

kernel should be rebuilt adding pcmcia modules ….

so you can’t do nothing, only if you want to build it by yourself

dave1981

Ok – is there going to be a patch or other kind of fix pcmcia users could use? Or will this just be added to the next revision..

tomlohave

well it should be commited in openbricks tree

Now, if i have some time, i can try to backport this to geexbox’s tree and upload a fresh kernel to fix it

dave1981

Will the backported version then be available here http://download.geexbox.org/snapshots/geexbox-xbmc-i386-generic/ ? (I would try to compile the source but I’m currently on a Windows machine and don’t have the tools..). Thanks for all your help!

tomlohave

you missed one point :

http://download.geexbox.org/snapshots/geexbox-xbmc-i386-generic is the current devel version build by a bot so if i push a fix, it will appears on next snaphot

and

backport a patch to geexbox’s tree means rebuild geexbox-3.0 with this new patch.

is it more clear ?

dave1981

Not 100% sure, sorry, but if I understand you correctly: the changes you just committed will automatically appear in the snapshots directory; whereas you might also apply a patch to the main development trunk for 3.0.0, in which case it will become available in the iso (here http://www.geexbox.org/download/ )? So – is it possible to download an iso from the branch where you have already committed the changes?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.