Geexbox Noob – setting up wifi Help

July 20th, 2013

Home Forums GeeXboX for PC Geexbox Noob – setting up wifi Help

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  New2Geex 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

New2Geex

I am pretty new to linux and need some help. So hopefully someone out there can tolerate a complete noob and help me with this one issue I am having with geexbox. (i use ubuntu on another computer with success).

I have geexbox installed on my laptop…works just fine.

The only thing is that I can’t get it to connect to my wifi. I tried the options in geexbox to set the wifi but it wont connect.

ive seen posts about /etc/network. The farthest I can get with those instructions is getting to the place where i can change the entries…but i have no clue what to change them to or where to find the info to plug into it.

can someone break this down for me like i am a 5 year old as the other directions people posted about this seem a little above my head.

I see a place for ssid and my password etc, i plugged that stuff in in those places, but where it askes for gateway and IP i never know what to input, and if any of the other settings should be changed.

thanks so much for anyone who has the patience to tolerate my noobness. I am a very fast learner when it’s put into a languange i can understand….

New2Geex

btw im working with a thinkpad x40

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.