Geexbox for Efika MX Smarttop

Home Forums GeeXboX on ARM SoCs Geexbox for Efika MX Smarttop

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Razora 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Razora

Hey guys,

I got a Efika MX Smarttop a few days ago. Now, I’m looking for a media-center-software for it and I found Geexbox. But I have a problem: I’m very very new to the arm-architecture and embedded-systems. So, Is there a good step-by-step tutorial for the installation of geexbox on the Efika MX Smarttop?

Greetings
    René

tomlohave
    Keymaster

hi,
    your achitecture seems to be supported, there is aleady a xf86-video-imx5 package for your board
    Now you need to build your own binaries …

first :
    hg clone hg.openbricks.org/openbricks
    make xconfig

here choose your architecture/platform/packages you want
    save and exit

make ( take a big coffee ….)

documentation is here : http://www.openbricks.org/docs/openbricks-manual.pdf
    Good luck
    Now if you want a better support, subscribe to devel mailing list : http://www.openbricks.org/mailing-lists/

Razora

Hey,

thank you for your help. I tried your solution, but I got following error: “Can’t get libnfsidmap sources : http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/linux/libnfsidmap/libnfsidmap-0.24.tar.gz Try later !!”
    Will it realy work “later” or is this another problem and it won’t work tomorrow or in two days?

tomlohave
    Keymaster

not all sources are in our server, that’s the case for libnfsidmap, try later or change file packages/libnfsidmap/meta (if you find another source)

tomlohave
    Keymaster

fixed now, i have uploaded all sources to our server (7 missing but shouldn’t harm your build)
    please do :
    hg pull -u
    make

Razora

Thank you for the upload, but I could solve the problem on my own before.
    Now I have a new error. mxc_ipu_hl_lib.c:44:28: fatal error: linux/videodev.h: No such file or directory
    Do have any solution for this problem. (If it’s necessary: I’m using Ubuntu 11.10 at the moment)

Greetings
    René

tomlohave
    Keymaster

depending on your kernel build, but for recent kernel, it’s not videodev.h but videodev2.h
    which package ? imx5-lib or imx6-lib ?
    in imx6-lib you ve got patches to remove this, if you try to build imx5-lib, do the same (look in packages/imx6-lib/patches/ )
    As already said too, post this in devel mailing-list , Ben can answer more easily than me, i don’t have such board 😉

Razora

Ok, it seems to be a problem with my kernel. I’m using 3.0.0-16.28. I think I will try to install it seperatly. I will write back, if I found a solution.

tomlohave
    Keymaster

hum you can’t … (and it’s not a problem with your installed kernel )
    kernel is built before this lib … and for your target arch it seems it’s version 3.1.0-1001.1
    so you need to fix imx5-lib with a patch … (or try to update it ? )

Razora

Thanky very very much for your help. But now, I don’t understand anything 🙂
    In imx6-lib I found the two .diff-files. I think I have to apply these patches to the imx5-package. But I don’t know how to do it. Can you give me a hint which commandos I have to use to apply the patch?

tomlohave
    Keymaster

copy directory patches in imx6-lib to imx5-lib but (…) i doubt it would work. not the same libs. You’ve got an example what to do but you need to prepare the patch by yourself ….
    do

./scripts/clean imx5-lib
    ./scripts/unpack imx5-lib
    in your build directory search the difference made between imx5-lib and imx6-lib (look at patches) , modify source file(s), when you think it’s ready
    ./scripts/build imx5-lib
    if no complain, prepare a patch and submit it to devel list for inclusion

else wait for a dev to fix your problem –> report this to devel mailing list
    (not me, i’m on vacation in 2 hours, sorry)

Razora

I will try it in an hour. Thank you for your help.
    I wrote a report to the devel mailing list and I’m now waiting for a response.

Thank you for your help and I wish you happy hollidays.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.