GeexBox for Dune HD

Home Forums Suggestions and Requests GeexBox for Dune HD

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Underzero 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Underzero
    Participant

Hi all, I have a “Dune HD Max” media player, it works ok but the interface and functions are old and they don’t release new firmware.

The firmware is Linux based and released under gnu-linux license, the source code and development tools are available on their site.

I’m not a programmer so i’m not able to do it by my self but I (and many other Dune user) would like to have GeexBox on my device, but i will make a donation for this.

Is it possible to bring GeexBox on this device?

Thanks!

tomlohave
    Keymaster

Hello,
    Can you provide a link for the sources ?
    A (very) quick search on google doesn’t bring something.
    I doubt with such hardware we can do something

B.R

Underzero
    Participant

Hi, thanks for answer

hi have to split links because of the “Forbidden. Message seems to be spam.” alert

Here the Sourcecode

Underzero
    Participant

Check also this link

tomlohave
    Keymaster

Hello,
    I read some documents ans have unpacked the mentioned archive :
    – kernel is very old
    – In fact, no way to install our product directly (if it can be built) : maybe you can add pre-built packages using ipkg (a russian forum mention that), but it needs a special toolchain (this part can be done) to build packages.
    – mips device : never tested from my side
    – no device to test and you can brick yours (and the cost of a unit is quite expensive)

Unless someone want to try a port and is ready to brick his device, It’s difficult to do something.
    We (Rudi and me) can assist if someone still want to try but only for patches submission.

Underzero
    Participant

Hello,
    Sorry for delay, thanks for your answer.

It seem to be too difficult and with the risk of brick it.

Thanks anyway

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.