Frodo on Panda

March 12th, 2013

Home Forums GeeXboX on ARM SoCs Frodo on Panda

This topic contains 35 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  panz 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

works now placing openbricks in a folder with no space in the path name.

too early saying it works :-)

Can’t get opkg-utils sources, falling back to repository
    scripts/get: 125: scripts/get: git: not found
    make: *** [silentoldconfig] Error 127

install git

ok, installed git, now it’s compiling. I get several warnings, let’s see :-)

all right, it ends with an

–2013-04-01 19:33:32–
    Resolving (…
    Connecting to (||:80… connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response… 404 Not Found
    2013-04-01 19:33:32 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Can’t get libdca sources, falling back to repository
    scripts/get: 119: scripts/get: svn: not found
    make: *** [rootfs] Error 127

What can I do? And once I fix this, is there a chance to continue there without starting from zero?

yes, sure

install svn 😉

believe it or not, it compiled and left the image :-) I’ll test during the week and provide the results.

In a short test, airplay seemed not to be properly announced.. I came across a patch, I might test it and see if it works.

ok, I have done some tests

– nfs is broken one more time under xbmc, I can’t play videos over nfs

– there is a problem with sound, I can’t dicrease it, no effect, seems there is a problem with config (AE ? )

– another problem with sound playing live tv using paplayer ….

Audio via HDMI gave me horrible distortion. I was painfully taught not to test audio with volume high, there is still ringing in my ears :-)

The analog audio of the TWL6040 is also not working.

But audio per USB works perfectly, I tested several DACs, sounds good.

Do you happen to know how IPv6 can be disabled?

yes we have problem with sound, on mine hdmi audio works fine.

for ipv6, blacklist module ?

I thought deactivating IPv6 might help, since it solves issues on a mac connecting to XBMC via airplay.

Actually I could not find a kernel module that sounds like IPv6 – is there one implemented?

I made a diff between the source codes of the actual xbmc AirPlayServer.cpp and the one of geexbox and see that a lot differs.. I would love to see airplay working.

Now since the likelihood for failing trying to patch is almost 100% for me (told already I’m a h/w guy, did I :-), I am getting lost with new headers, also not knowing what differs due to pandaboard/openbrick implementation), is it possible you could patch it? I am pretty much lost, but I hope that the changes implemented meanwhile might fix airplay.

Will try

Hi Tom,

Thank you a lot for your efforts!

hg clone
    cd openbricks
    ./scripts/loadcfg geexbox-xbmc-omap4-pandaboard

did exactly this, and build went along for a while, until it tried to build the compiler using the following command:

/home/lenik/openbricks/build/build.pandaboard.eglibc/toolchain/bin/host-gcc -O2 -Wall -pipe -I/home/lenik/openbricks/build/build.pandaboard.eglibc/toolchain/include -DIN_GCC -DCROSS_DIRECTORY_STRUCTURE -W -Wall -Wno-narrowing -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-format-attribute -pedantic -Wno-long-long -Wno-variadic-macros -Wno-overlength-strings -Wold-style-definition -Wc++-compat -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -L/home/lenik/openbricks/build/build.pandaboard.eglibc/toolchain/lib -lm -o cc1 c-lang.o c-family/stub-objc.o attribs.o c-errors.o c-decl.o c-typeck.o c-convert.o c-aux-info.o c-objc-common.o c-parser.o tree-mudflap.o c-family/c-common.o c-family/c-cppbuiltin.o c-family/c-dump.o c-family/c-format.o c-family/c-gimplify.o c-family/c-lex.o c-family/c-omp.o c-family/c-opts.o c-family/c-pch.o c-family/c-ppoutput.o c-family/c-pragma.o c-family/c-pretty-print.o c-family/c-semantics.o c-family/c-ada-spec.o arm-c.o default-c.o \
    cc1-checksum.o main.o libbackend.a libcommon-target.a libcommon.a ../libcpp/libcpp.a ../libdecnumber/libdecnumber.a libcommon.a ../libcpp/libcpp.a ../libiberty/libiberty.a ../libdecnumber/libdecnumber.a -L/home/lenik/openbricks/build/build.pandaboard.eglibc/toolchain/lib -lcloog-isl -lisl -lstdc++ -L/home/lenik/openbricks/build/build.pandaboard.eglibc/toolchain/lib -lppl_c -lppl -lgmpxx -L/home/lenik/openbricks/build/build.pandaboard.eglibc/toolchain/lib -L/home/lenik/openbricks/build/build.pandaboard.eglibc/toolchain/lib -L/home/lenik/openbricks/build/build.pandaboard.eglibc/toolchain/lib -lmpc -lmpfr -lgmp -rdynamic -ldl -L../zlib -lz

that failed because of some missing c++ libraries, that are not found (maybe) because we’re using ‘host-cc’ to build what seems to be a c++ program. I have copied the exactly command and replaced ‘host-cc’ with ‘host-c++’ to fix the issue. That worked, but when I restart the make, it tries to issue the original command again (to fail again), and I could not figure out which of the numerous Makefiles I have to change to fix this.

Could you please advise, where this ‘host-cc’ comes from the where it should be changed for successful compilation? Do you use Linaro toolchain for your builds or something else?

do you have gcc and g++ installed on your machine ?

host-cc is only a symling to your installed gcc

(note the host …)

What is your distro ?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.