Elo Touch screen kiosk drivers

Home Forums Miscellaneous Elo Touch screen kiosk drivers

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ginge326 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ginge326
    Participant

I am trying to convert an old ELO kiosk into a semi-portable media center or jukebox. I was able to get geexbox installed. But immediately after boot the screen goes black with one green pixel on the right side. I’m assuming this is driver related as it is a touch screen interface. Any thoughts on how to resolve this? Even if I can get an external monitor working for now so I can see what I’m doing, I’ll still need some kind of driver or add on to get it working for real.

ginge326
    Participant

I was able to use the debug mode to get past the original error, but I would still like to enable touch capabilities. How would I go about doing that?

tomlohave
    Keymaster

Do you have a link for your hardware ?
    But, if it’s too old, I’m not sure we can do something for it.

ginge326
    Participant

I was able to get a few pieces of information about it. It really is very old though. The outer chassis contains the serial number h10x002956, the motherboard also has this serial number; a1m0ac534076. And I learned that the motherboard is made by pegatron, which also specializes in video cards. It’s not a whole lot to go on.My kiosk is similar to this one here: https://www.elotouch.com/touchscreen-computers/x15.html. Except its at least 15 years older than the one here. I know it’s not much to go on, but its at least a place to start.

tomlohave
    Keymaster

Hum, this doesn’t help too much …
    Can you provide us some infos, like results of command line
    dmesg
    lspci
    cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log

?

ginge326
    Participant

So, I was never able to get any hardware specifications for the device, but I was able to get networking enabled by using kodibuntu and a usb to ethernet adapter. Thought I had just about everything working except the touch screen, then the system got super hot, shut down and hasn’t started since. So that might have been the end of my project, but if it ever starts back up ill probably need more of an ubuntu related solution. Thanks for your help though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.