CEC not working on CuBox-i

Home Forums GeeXboX on ARM SoCs CEC not working on CuBox-i

This topic contains 36 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  togath 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

togath
    Participant

Indeed I was playing a bit with the options lately. But “Switch source to this device on startup” has no noticable effect. Probably it only works when the CEC connection can be established sucessfully.

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

Can you still please provide a log with the option turned off?

togath
    Participant

Sure 🙂

Same procedure:
    – Swtiched on tv+avr then Cubox-i
    – Pressed some tv-remote keys no reaction
    – Deactivated & activated CEC input with Yatse
    -> tv-remote does not work
    – Navigated to shutdown-menue with Yatse
    — end of log —

Tried then again with option “Switch source to this device on startup” activated again and after switching CEC off&on tv-remote works

Here is the log:
    stripped
    log6

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

Thanks. This is really weird. Now it looks like libCEC is waiting for some command from the TV which does not arrive. However, I’ve got some good news: Last week I learned that a friend of mine owns a Panasonic Plasma TV. So probably next weekend I will pack my laptop, a CuBox-i and a RaspberryPi to visit him and see if I can figure out what’s going on.

togath
    Participant

If I can support in any way please let me know.

One more thing to mention: On Cubox-i the basic CEC functionality always works. Options like “switch to source” or “use tv language” are always executed properly. Only the tv-remote-keys are not recoginised.

Warped Rudi
    Keymaster

Today I tried a CuBox-i on a friend’s Panasonic TV. It worked like a charm! No matter if connected directly or through a Denon AVR. So I cannot reproduce the problem you are seeing 🙁

togath
    Participant

Hi Rudi,

thanks for all the support in this topic. Guess than it’s probably my AVR swalloing certain commands :-/

Maybe I can come up with an alternative wiring … we will see
    Or I just use my old Phillips tv remote for Cubox-i

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.