Anyone interested in the CuBox?

April 7th, 2013

Home Forums Miscellaneous Anyone interested in the CuBox?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  JamesNewman 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

JamesNewman

I hope I’m not breaking any forum rules that I don’t know about. But, I’m looking to sell a Cubox computer. Does anyone want it? I’m looking for about £130 but any offers are welcome!

Why am I selling?

I recently got a CuBox computer as a prize. But, Solid-Run, the company who make CuBox, had a few shipping delays so I decided to get a dedicated HTPC instead. Now, I have one Cubox computer that I don’t need.

What’s a CuBox?

Simply, it’s a small 2″ cubed computer. So, it’s like a Raspberry Pi but way more powerful.

You can play around with it or use it in DIY projects. You could make a XBMC console, small HTPC, Android TV, media player, home security device or an Android gaming console.

Personally, I was going to use it as a pocketable PC- I could connect it to a display and have all my documents and programs.

Now the technical stuff:

It has 1080p full HD output which it can stream and decode, HDMI out and a full gigabyte of RAM. It can use desktop class interfaces such as KDE or GNOME under Linux, all in less than 3 watt and less than 1 watt in standby.

It is a low-power ARM architecture CPU based computer with the following:

Marvell Armada 510 (88AP510) SoC with an ARM v6/v7-compliant superscalar CPU (VFPv3, wmmx SIMD and 512KB L2 cache)
    Vivante GC600 OpenGL 3.0 and OpenGL ES 2.0 capable 2D/3D GPU
    Marvell vMeta HD Video Decoder hardware engine
    TrustZone (Security Extensions) Cryptographic Engines and Security Accelerator (CESA) co-processor
    1GByte DDR3 at 800MHz
    Gigabit Ethernet, SPDIF (optical audio)
    eSata 3Gbps
    2xUSB 2.0
    Micro-SD
    Micro-USB (console)
    Standard Infra-Red receiver for 38KHz based IR controllers.

It comes with Ubuntu Desktop 10.04 and Android 2.2 dual-boot pre-installed. It can run GeeXboX.

What’s the condition?

Brand new.

How much is shipping?

Free to US and UK.

What’s the price?

I wasn’t sure about this. I’m going to start at £130 including shipping. But I’m willing to negotiate so feel free to post with any price!

How do I get one?

Post on this thread with a offer and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can! Thanks

tomlohave

No problem with forum rules ;-)

JamesNewman

Thanks! Different forums have different rules so I wasn’t sure…

You wouldn’t be interested in buying, would you? ;)

tomlohave

so far, no, i have already one cubox board ;-)

JamesNewman

Could always have two… :)

JamesNewman

No-one? Any offers are welcome…

tangoj

I’m interested.  $50 USD

JamesNewman

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for the offer but $50 is way too low. I spent $236 when I bought it. And, a friend has already offered to buy it for $150 if no-one else buys it.

milan

I am intrested, but to be honest, i can buy a cubox for 90 EUR at solid run AND afaik geexbox get also something when i buy the cubox from the link on this site…

So if you want to sell it for 60 EUR (~50 GBP) i would buy it and donate additional 10 EUR to geexbox.

But i think nobody will buy this for 130 GBP

JamesNewman

What about 100 Euros? Could you go higher? It’s brand new and the one from Solid-Run has hidden taxes and shipping costs- you pay much more than 90 euros in the end.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.