2nd HDD not showing

Home Forums XBMC and Plugins 2nd HDD not showing

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tomlohave 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

azmodane
    Participant

I feel like I may be in over my head. I recently purchased a used HTPC that is running GeexBox and XBMC for front end. I am running into an issue where I installed a 2nd SATA HDD (1TB), it’s recognized in the bios but I can’t seem to find it once booted up. When I go to System < System Info < Storage I am only seeing the external I have hooked up (to pull the movies off of) and the first 320GB HDD with the OS and everything on it. Maybe I am too used to windows and I am missing something or I need to do something but I’ve looked for about 2 weeks now and can’t find any information on it. Any help would definitely be appreciated.

tomlohave
    Keymaster

Hello,
    please can you provide some informations :
    please post the results of command lines :

cat /proc/mounts
    dmesg
    ls /dev/sd*

azmodane
    Participant

The issue is with the front end look I am unable to find out how to get to command line

tomlohave
    Keymaster

just exit xbmc, then you should have a console

else you can try to connect remotely, see documentation for that.

azmodane
    Participant

I was able to get to it using ctrl + alt + f2

The first command didn’t work, the 2nd command gave me a HUGE return too much to type.

The 3rd command returned
    /dev/sda
    /dev/sda1
    /dev/sdb
    /dev/sdc
    /dev/sdc1
    all those returns were in purple

tomlohave
    Keymaster

at least it seems to be in your system

cat /proc/mounts

should work, typo ?

anyway, we have a problem with polkit 112, try to revert to previous version and reboot
    ie :
    if you are using an i386 devel version :

opkg --force-downgrade http://download.geexbox.org/snapshots/geexbox-xbmc-i386-generic/latest/binaries.i386/packages/polkit_0.104-2_i686.opk
    reboot
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.