Home > ARM, GeeXboX, HDTV, Meeting > Raspberry Pi, XBMC 12 — and more!

Raspberry Pi, XBMC 12 — and more!

February 16th, 2013 Leave a comment Go to comments

Raspi_Colour_RThis has actually been working for a while, but time to make an official announcement. We’ve successfully ported GeeXboX to the Raspberry Pi board! This includes full OpenGL ES acceleration for XBMC, 1080p HD video hardware decoding and HDMI-CEC support. There’s no official release yet, but in the meantime you can try one of the latest snapshots from the development tree (and head over to the documentation for install instructions). In other news, you will notice that the snapshots now feature the recently released XBMC 12.0 ‘Frodo’, which includes the AudioEngine with HD audio support, including DTS-MA and Dolby True-HD, and is the first release to officially support Live TV and PVR.

Finally, we’re going to demo these latest GeeXboX updates at the Technical Showcase during this year’s Embedded Linux Conference (ELC 2013) in San Francisco on February 20-22. We’ll have working demos of the latest GeeXboX running on several systems, including CuBox, Raspberry Pi, PandaBoard, and more. If you’re in town, come say hi and see what we’re working on!

800px-RaspberryPixmbc12

Categories: ARM, GeeXboX, HDTV, Meeting Tags:
  1. clooky
    February 17th, 2013 at 09:32 | #1

Nice job guys! I tested it, controlling geexbox directly from the tv controller thanks to CEC is awesome!

2. Montekuri
    February 18th, 2013 at 16:09 | #2

Can you upload an IMG or ISO file?
    I use a Windows PC and I can burn a SD card using Win32DiskImager.

3. Montekuri
    February 18th, 2013 at 16:18 | #3

@Montekuri
    I’m trying to use the script direct from the Raspberry Pi, using a SD to USB adapter. So, the SD card is at /dev/sda1.
    But I have no success with the script. This is part of the erro message:
    “Device contains neither a valid DOS partition table, nor Sun, SGI or OSF disklabel”

4. Montekuri
    February 18th, 2013 at 17:30 | #4

Montekuri :
    @Montekuri
    But I have no success with the script. This is part of the erro message:

Ok, I solved it! Raspbian OS has no mkfs.vfat. I installed dosfstools and the script worked!
    sudo apt-get install dosfstools

And I used /dev/sda instead of /dev/sda1

5. Dragonik
    February 23rd, 2013 at 18:04 | #5

Hi, nice job. Maybe You can ported to the http://www.wandboard.org/ ?

6. bluelambda
    March 11th, 2013 at 13:57 | #6

Très bon boulot, ça fonctionne impec (videos HD, HDMI CEC…).
    Merci à vous!

7. rfreiha
    March 21st, 2013 at 13:33 | #7

Hi
    i am interested in try the Geexbox on the Raspberry pi, is there a way i get the img file?

Thanks

8. rfreiha
    March 21st, 2013 at 13:55 | #8

rfreiha :
    Hi
    Thanks

i just read the subject and found the link
    i am going to the test tonight, is it faster then the openelc or xbian?

9. tomlohave
    March 26th, 2013 at 13:06 | #9

Can’t say ; I have no such board ….

10. mike-1138
    May 10th, 2013 at 17:57 | #10

FYI: no need to reply unless you want me to test something: been testing the 20130503 build and so far I have not been able to get LiveTV using VDR or TVHeadend backends to work. I looks like this is due to the /dev/dvb/ directory and everything under it is missing. I will test the 20130509 build and let you know if the problem still exists.

1. April 27th, 2013 at 13:53 | #1
  2. November 7th, 2013 at 20:54 | #2
You must be logged in to post a comment.