Here is GeeXboX’s new release 😉 It now comes with the 2 main features that were missing and requested : network support and hard disk installation. Take a look at the changes: 😉
- Add a runtime subtitle file selector.
- SysLinux bootloader has been replaced by IsoLinux, providing quicker boot with no more floppy emulation.
- Add a TCP/IP and network ethernet support and autoconfiguration with DHCP client.
- Add support and automount for all Windows shares (Samba support).
- Add support for Leadtek TV2000 remote.
- Add support for homemade LIRC receivers.
- Add Italian, Czech and Slovak langage support.
- Add a new theme (design and boot logo).
- Add an easy HDD and USB keys installator (just hit install at boot prompt).
The GeeXboX’s website has also been modified to provide better user’s support and faster development :
- This website is now accessible from http://www.geexbox.org/
- You can now subscribe to the developer mailing list to help for the development or to simply be aware of daily progress.
- You can get the current development version from CVS.